Federation of Disability Organizations of Malawi FEDOMA
MISSION STATEMENT: TO ENHANCE THE WELFARE OF ALL PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES AND ENABLE THEM TO ASSUME THEIR RIGHTFUL ROLE IN SOCIETY.
* To support and encourage the formation of persons with disabilities organisations in Malawi and to strengthen the existing ones.
* To promote and coordinate development efforts and self-help projects among persons with disabilities and their organisations.
* Co-ordinate the work for equal rights and equalisation of opportunities for persons with disabilities in Malawi society.
* Promote training of leaders of the organisations and the administrative personnel.
* To promote, support and complement government policies and programmes directed at persons with disabilities.
* Facilitate the exchange of information in the field of disability through research, civic education programmes and seminars.
* Affiliate and cooperate with other national, regional and international organisations that work in disability.